- Ekdum Ghar Jaisi Roti
- Balanced Nutrition
- Wheat Free
- Made with 100% natural ingredients
- Freshly packed and delivered
While some say, Amaranth equals fasting, at Jiwa we believe Amaranth is fasting + gluten free eating + baking and more! Jiwa’s Organic Amaranth Flour is naturally gluten free, and tops the list of protein packed flours. Our signature stone milling process is just the icing on the cake, as it keeps the minerals intact so that you can cook and bake with the promise of purity. Contrary to common belief, Amaranth uses range from Indian flatbreads to cookies and savories.
Storage & Shelf Life
Best before 6 months from date of manufacturing, fresher the better! Conventionally stored in tin boxes away from moisture and heat.
- Knead a soft, slightly sticky dough with 1 cup amaranth flour, ¼ tsp salt, some cumin seeds, ½ tsp ginger-green chilli paste, and water as needed , and coat it with ½ tbsp oil.
- Keep aside for 5 mins.
- Make 5-6 balls of equal size. Roll reach one out into a medium size circle.
- Roast on a greased hot tawa till brown spots appear on both sides. Serve hot.
Mix with almond flour to make cupcakes or breads, or cook some waffles topped with maple syrup and be prepared to feel surprised at the deliciousness
Per 100gm (approx values)
Calories 371K cal
Protein 13.6 g
Fat 7 g
Fibre 6.7 g
Amaranth contains more calcium than milk! Lac-tose that!!
Appearance: Quiet white – just simply a quiet white!
Aroma: This one is a secret keeper. Won’t spill any beans till cooked fully. Besides the nuttiness of the jowari, the atta doesn’t give away much whiff about the beauty it really is. Wait and watch.
Taste notes: Relish the deeply satisfying taste of jowari millet while the mild flavour of sea salt lingers on. The strong, earthy taste of bengal gram is deeply gratifying even with the quiet appearance, and combines with others to give gratification like the ‘storm after the lull’!