- 100% Natural
- Certified Organic
- Chakki Ground
- Freshly Packed & Delivered
Long considered a fasting food commoner, Buck‘wheat’ is often confused with the similar sounding ‘wheat’, even though it is a fruit seed, and far from a grain!
JIWA’s Organic Buckwheat flour, milled with utmost care is sure to win your heart with its earthy flavour, and it’s low cholesterol is really the crowning glory!
Also called ‘kuttu aata’ in Northern India, Buckwheat has gained immense popularity with Soba noodles in broth or as salads. Who can resist those loaded rustic breakfast pancakes with fresh fruit? Not us!
From Bhakris to breads, or Chapatis to crepes, this millet flour might soon be just the staple that your kitchen (and your gut!) needs!
Storage & Shelf Life
Best before 6 months from date of manufacturing, Fresher the better! Conventionally stored in tin boxes away from moisture and heat.
- Bring together 1 cup of JIWA’s buckwheat flour, ¼ cup boiled and mashed potatoes, ½ tsp finely chopped green chillies and ½ tsp salt with little warm water, to make a soft dough.
- Cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Make 4 balls of equal size. Roll reach one out into a medium size circle.
- Roast on a greased hot tawa till brown spots appear on both sides. Serve hot.
Make a 50% switch in bread flour with buckwheat and see the taste, colour and mouthfeel all get elevated. Try both sweet and savoury crepes and this flour is sure to become a favourite with the familia.
Per 100gm (approx values)
Energy 376 Kcal
Protein 12.8 g
Fat 0.6 g
Carbohydrate 77.4 g
Fibre 5 g
Buck’Wheat’ is also known as Saracen ‘corn’ and is actually neither a grain or cereal!
Appearance: Khaki fawn coloured flour
Aroma: Sweet smelling and pleasant whiffs.
Taste notes: Intense and bitter notes on the back of the tongues and mild nutty hits on the soft palate are characteristic of this flavourful flour.