Skip to content
- Boil 1 cup ‘Jiwa Organic Quinoa’, in 1½ cup water with 1 tsp salt for 10-15 minutes on low heat. Keep covered and set aside.
- For the Biryani masala, heat 1 tbsp oil in a heavy bottom pan, add 2 bay leaves, javatri, black cardamom, 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste, 2 tbsp sliced onions, 1/4 cup onion paste and cook till onions are browned.
- Add 1/4 cup tomato puree, 1/4 cup curd, 1 tsp red chili powder, 1 tbsp biryani masala, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1/2 cup of diced mixed peppers and little water for cooking and let it cook for another minute.
- Top with the cooked quinoa, some fried onions, chopped coriander and 1 tbsp of kewra water. Cover and cook for another 5 mins.
- Serve piping hot with a garnish of fresh pomegranate seeds, and a side of biryani’s best buddy, poppadums.