Organic Jowari Atta
‘Tiny stature, and a very large heart’, that’s what Jowari has, literally. Also known as Sorghum, this gluten free grain is good for the heart in more ways than one. The exceptional fibre content is good for the gut, and with Jiwa’s milling process, the goodness of the grain multiplies manifold. From eating it raw off the field with a squeeze of lemon, locally called “paunk”, to soft and fluffy bakes, this flour has forayed into soo much more than rotis & bhakris. Go ahead, please your taste buds, and still watch the weight with ease with this grain worth its weight in gold!
Storage & Shelf life
Best before 6 months from date of manufacturing, Fresher the better! Conventionally stored in tin boxes away from moisture and heat.
- Make a smooth dough with 1 cup Jiwa Organic Jowari Atta, salt and pepper, and warm water.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of oil towards the end and knead until the dough comes away from the sides of the pan and is smooth.
- Take a portion of the dough and dust it with flour. Roll the dough into a 5 to 6 inch diameter circle.
- Place the rolled out dough on a preheated skillet and cook for a few seconds until small bubbles appear on the surface.
- Flip and cook the roti for a few seconds and place it over the open flame. Cook till the roti puffs up. Serve hot smeared with ghee or butter.
Make Jowar cupcakes, by substituting the refined flour in any cupcake recipe with 50% whole wheat and 50% Jiwa Organic Jowari Atta.
per 100gm (approx values)
Jowar is called by several names such as durra, Egyptian millet, great millet, kafir corn, feterita, guinea corn, Sudan grass, milo, Juwar, Jwari in Marathi, Cholam in Tamil, Jolal in Kannada and Jonnalu in Telugu. Talk about versatility!
Appearance: Clay beige colour flour with specks of white
Aroma: nutty and slightly bitter
Taste notes: smooth and gooey as oatmeal, and lighter than wheat with sweet-ish undertones notes make jowari flour a perfect base for baking recipes.
Based on 0 reviews
Customer Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet, be the first to ask something for this product.